Sunday 4 August 2013

Hellas Calling - Day 3



20/4/1993

I was on the move at 11:00 am, my target for today was to explore the National Archeological Museum and after that, explore more of Syntagma Shopping area. The Museum is a bit far from the hotel, so I bought a bus ticket and waited at the bus station for bus number 5 to reach there.

The National Archeological Museum building is very big and beautiful. You’ll need a full day to see all the sections. The building is divided into several sections. Prehistoric artifacts section, Bronze Statue Section, Gold Jewellary section, Marble Statue Section, Utensils Section, Pottery Section, etc. It has 3 huge floors and lots and lots of history to offer. I was there for almost 3 hours and I was very tired, yes, it is that big!  











It was almost 3:30 pm, before heading back to the hotel, I wanted to stop by at the Syntagma Square area to explore the shopping district. I roamed around, window shopping. By 5:30 pm I headed back to the hotel.

I booked a day tour for tomorrow for “ARGOLIS” (Cornith, Mayceane, Epidarus) in the northeast corner of the Peloponnese, which is archaeologically one of the most interesting areas in Greece. The pick up time is 7:30 am and it will end around 7:30 pm.

Long day tomorrow!

Something to remind me of this interesting visit to the museum.... the entrance ticket!

 

No comments: